Bulletproof Agency Network are pleased to share with you our first proper podcast with guest, Al Mackin
In this episode we are taken on a journey will Al Mackin.
Our guest for this session is Al Mackin, CEO and Founder of Formisimo, Chairman and Founder of theEword, Chairman of Forever Manchester
Andy Johnson of Andy Johnson Media.
(1) Formation, growth and exit from leading Manchester agency The E Word
(2) The story of Formisimo, from identification of potential through to concept realisation. From tech side project to exciting business in its own right
(3) Emergence of Nudgr, pushing the boundaries provided by Formisimo with complimentary technology provision
(4) Challenges in letting go from a successful business you’ve nurtured to pursue new unknown paths
(5) The importance of a strong ethical culture within the businesses built, from the top down, and crucially picking the right type of individual to pass the torch onto.
(6) Getting the right people involved to advise you on your journey, and the value of experienced non-exec directors
(7) Lessons learned and mistakes made along the way, and how useful that is in future decision making
(8) Differences between running a tech start up versus establishing a digital agency?
(9) Thoughts on the best ways to obtain investment as a tech business
Al is founder of analytics start-up Formisimo, a technology company focused on improving online forms and checkouts by measuring and reporting on user behaviour.
He is the chairman of the charity Forever Manchester, that has delivered over £36m of funding to grass-roots groups across Greater Manchester.
Finally he is the founder of theEword, a content-focused Digital Marketing agency that works with brands like Merlin, Atkins, MMU, Co-op bank and Jockey.
We would like to give our thanks to Audio Always for giving us a beautiful base to record this, and again, the team at Art of Podcast for making us sound awesome
Thanks for listening
Bulletproof is produced every month for your enjoyment and we would encourage
you to subscribe, recommend us to your friends and rate us on iTunes.
Please join us again for more real life stories from those leading lights that are pushing the northern creative agency scene forward